ASTM F1554 Grades
|ASTM F1554 Grade 36
||Low carbon, 36 ksi yield steel anchor bolts
|ASTM F1554 Grade 55
||High strength, low alloy, 55 ksi yield steel anchor bolts
|ASTM F1554 Grade 105
||Alloy, heat treated, high strength 105 ksi yield steel anchor bolts
Supplementary requirements shall apply only when specified in the purchase order or contract.
- S1: Weldable version of the Grade 55 specification. Through chemical composition restrictions and by a carbon equivalency formula, S1 provides assurance of weldability. When S1 is not specified, the Grade 55 material may or may not be weldable.
- S2: Permanent manufacturer’s identification on the end of the anchor bolt that projects from the concrete, in lieu of color coding.
- S3: Permanent grade identification on the end of the anchor bolt that projects from the concrete, in lieu of color coding.
- S4: Charpy Impact requirements at +40⁰F (+5⁰C) for grades 55 and 105. The minimum Charpy V-notch energy requirement is an average of 15ft-lbs for three specimens, with no one specimen falling below 12ft-lbs.
- S5: Charpy Impact requirements at -20⁰F (-29⁰C) for grade 105. The minimum Charpy V-notch energy requirement is an average of 15ft-lbs for three specimens, with no one specimen falling below 12ft-lbs.
ASTM Specifications for Bolt Fasteners
ASTM A193 Alloy steel and stainless steel bolting materials for high temperature or high pressure service.
ASTM A307 Carbon steel bolts and studs, 60,000 psi tensile strength.
ASTM A325 Structural bolts, steel, heat treated, 120/105 ksi minimum tensile strength.
ASTM A354 Quenched and tempered alloy bolts, studs, and other externally threaded fasteners.
ASTM A449 Quenched and tempered steel bolts and studs for general use.
ASTM A490 Structural bolts, alloy steel, heat treated, 150 ksi minimum tensile strength.
ASTM F568 Metric bolts, screws and studs that are used in general engineering applications
ASTM F593 Stainless steel bolts, hex cap screws, and studs.
ASTM F1554 Anchor bolts designed to anchor structural supports to concrete foundations.
SAE J429 Mechanical and material requirements for externally threaded fasteners.
ASTM Specifications for Nut Fasteners
ASTM A194 Carbon and Alloy Steel Nuts for Bolts for High Pressure or High Temperature Service
SAE J995 Mechanical and material requirements for steel nuts.
ASTM Specifications for Washers
ASTM F436 Hardened Steel Washers , carbon steel, steel, washers, weathering steel, Hardened steel washers
ASTM F844 Washers, Steel, Plain (Flat), Unhardened for General Use
ASTM F959 Compressible-Washer-Type Direct Tension Indicators for Use with Structural Fasteners
EN14399/DIN6914/DASt021 Construction Bolt Assemblies