Health Safety and Environment
The long-term business success of Metals International Limited depends on the ability to continuously improve our services while protecting our people and the environment in which they work.
It is a commitment, which is in the best interest of our clients and our employees.
HSE is the responsibility of line management, with the active commitment and support of all employees. The Directors of Metals International Limited has the overall and final responsibility for Health and Safety within its Operation worldwide. Towards this end, the requirements of the Company’s Health, Safety and Environment Policy are to:
- Protect the health, safety and property of our employees, our clients, our contractors, suppliers and third parties.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all employees.
- Protect the environment where we live and work.
- Conduct business in compliance with health, safety and environmental laws and regulations.
- Promote a culture in which all Metals International Limited employees are partners in this commitment.
- Regularly record progress and report to management.
We are committed to the proactive integration of HSE objectives into our management system at all levels, actively reinforced by our reward and recognition programs. This is critical to our business success because it reduces risk and adds value to our service.
We envision a quality and service culture that enables us to exceed client expectations, actively involve and empower all employees in the continuous improvement process, and enhance profitable growth.
To enact this vision, we will
- Define and respond to clients expectations.
- Adapt to changing and expanding business conditions and market opportunities.
- Differentiate our service capability from the competition.
Our HSE mission is to ensure that quality, health, safety, security and environmental considerations remain top priorities for management and for all employees. Prevention of accidental risk and loss from process failure becomes a recognized part of our continuous improvement culture.
HSE, a line management responsibility, requires visible commitment, leadership and involvement. Our proactive HSE culture will be understood, shared and practiced by all employees as an integral part of everyday business. Fundamental to this culture is our belief that all losses of people, property and process result from managements’ failure are preventable.
We will strive for a zero defect culture:
- NO Accidents
- NO Loss to Process
- NO Harmful Emissions
- NO Health-Related Incidents
- NO Lapses in Security
- NO Damage to the Environment
This zero defect culture will be attained through:
- Visible commitment, leadership & involvement of line management.
- Mandatory HSE training for all personnel
- Maximized efficiency through sharing of resources
- HSE integration in all phase of development
- Proactive participation in global industry initiatives and recognition by our clients that we are a leader in HSE